According to Parks Associates research, 26% of U.S. broadband households own a smart home device and 11% own a smart thermostat. Parks Associates will present new research findings at the 21st-annual CONNECTIONS™: The Premier Connected Home Conference, May 23-25, in San Francisco. The conference, which includes more than 700 high-level executives in attendance, features keynotes from Comcast, Cox Communications, Intel, and Vivint Smart Home. Registration is open and media are invited to attend.
The conference examines the use cases and emerging business models that will successfully engage consumers and grow revenues in the converging IoT industries, including smart home, connected entertainment, and mobile ecosystems. The 21st-annual event, which will be held at the Hyatt Regency San Francisco Airport, will include the following keynote speakers:
- Matt Eyring, Chief Strategy and Innovation Officer, Vivint Smart Home
- Kristine Faulkner, Senior Vice President / General Manager, COX Homelife, Cox Communications
- Miles Kingston, GM of Smart Home, Intel
- Sridhar Solur, Senior Vice President, Product & Development for Xfinity Home, Internet of Things and Data Services, Comcast
The conference also includes speakers from companies such as ADT, Comcast, GE, Nest Labs, Nielsen, Panasonic, The Home Depot, and many more. Parks Associates research analysts will moderate all sessions and will present new research findings during the event.
Additional research from Parks Associates includes:
- 19% of U.S. broadband households plan to buy a smart major appliance in the next 12 months.
- 70% of U.S. broadband households with smart energy devices report saving money due to reduced energy consumption.
- 42% of U.S. broadband households would select electric utilities as their first choice for energy management services.
- 51% of U.S. broadband households find an IoT device that alerts them to smoke and fire highly appealing and 41% find a device that alerts them to a water leak to be highly appealing.
- More than 30 million U.S. broadband households will have a home security system by 2019.
- 11% of U.S. broadband households now have a smart watch, and approximately one million use their watch to control devices.
To register for the CONNECTIONS™ conference, please visit http://bit.ly/CONNUSregistration. Use CoPE promo code IOT to receive 25% off regular registration rates.